" I have so much time for myself and I'm so well-rested", said no mother EVER! Ha! Ya right...
If you’re anything like me...you’re thinking about your second cup of joe while sipping on the first one. You wake up like a mombie (mom+zombie, get it? Yes, I’m aware I’m corny AF), unaware of your surroundings. You wonder what ever happened to the good ol’ days when life was just a breeze. A full nights sleep, two hours at the gym, lunch with friends and out for drinks on a weeknight. Now, I’m lucky if I can get 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Obviously at some point this takes a toll on you. We now appear tired (all day, everyday), we lack luster and glow. We walk around sluggish and uninterested. Agh! This sounds so depressing! The worst part is, we hate feeling this way. I think it’s time we put an end to this, Moms! There has to be something we can do, we have to make some time for us!
So, what if I told you that coffee you’re drinking would look great on your face? What if I told you that cup of joe would wake you up externally too? Now, don’t tell me you don’t have time or money to go shopping for creams, masks, potions and lotions. I know for a fact you have these three ingredients in your pantry somewhere. Go put those babies to bed...and enjoy 15 minutes of “you-time”.
DIY Coffee Glow Mask
- 1 cup ground coffee (not decaf)
- 1/2 cup Organiac Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP Raw Unfiltered Honey
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until your mix turns pasty. Apply all over your face in circular motions, really getting into those areas that need the extra help. Avoid the eye area. Sip a cup of coffee for 10-15 minutes while the mask does it’s thing.
The combination of coffee, coconut oil and honey help to buff away dead skin cells and encourage skin rejuvenation. It provides tons of antioxidants to the skin which helps reverse skin imperfections, brighten and give the skin a healthy glow. These three ingredients provide moisture and soothing benefits. They are antibacterial and anti-fungal which is great for acne prone skin. The mix of coconut oil and the grains from the coffee make for a beautiful exfoliant, leaving the skins overall appearance velvety and polished.
A couple of things I recommend;
- se it in the morning for that instant wake me up, energizing boost for the skin.
- Use it before date night or an event for that immediate glow and instant gratification.
- This mask works wonders but makes a mess too. Cover your sink or floor with a towel or something because the coffee gets everywhere. Also, make sure you either wipe this mask off with facial wipes or cover your drain with something. The last thing you want is clogged drains and a plumber. Once you get the mask off, wash with whatever cleanser you’d like to use.
- ALWAYS test something new in a small area first. I like to recommend the side of the neck because it resembles the skin on our face the best.
This always leaves my skin soft and supple. I love the instant and long-term radiance that’s comes with it as well. For best results, use once a week.
Enjoy and take this time for yourself. You deserve it!